From 6-10 September 2021, the Actuarial Media Center will hold the first actuteam Championship - an insurance simulation game especially designed for actuaries and specialists in insurance and finance.
Five teams each with five members from all over the world will compete against each other to win the game and to have the right to call themselves 2021 actuteam Champion. Players can join via the participating actuteam partners. For this pilot the EAA - European Actuarial Academy is one of these partners offering you the unique possibility to attend.
The challenge is based on the world's leading business simulation game for the insurance industry developed by the Swiss Re Institute. During five days, the teams will take on the challenging role of an executive board, managing a small to medium-sized P&C insurer under the existing Solvency II regime. Decisions on strategy and operations need to be taken on a yearly basis. After each year of simulation a detailed analysis and discussion of the company's performance and the effects of Solvency II on risk and capital management will be conducted. Finally, after four simulated business years, a review will decide which company had the most successful strategy and will thus be crowned 2021 actuteam Champion.
It is not just about fun and competition. After attending the complete session you will be enabled to (course learning goals):
• Establish a corporate strategy and construct a business plan to implement that strategy.
• Analyse the business portfolio and develop an underwriting plan to maximise underwriting profitability.
• Construct an investment portfolio that balances risk and return and forms a coherent asset liability matching approach.
• Develop a solvency framework which recognises the different risk drivers within an insurance company and use this to set and manage risk constraints.
• Evaluate different capacity options and implement a capital management plan to optimise capital efficiency.
• Explain the contribution reinsurance plays within an effective capital management strategy and how it compares with alternative capital sources.
• Work within a team to develop an effective decision-making process that enables you to analyse results, identify key areas to address and construct effective action plans.
The actuteam Championship is suitable for all actuaries, actuarial trainees, risk-managers and other professionals who work on economic valuation or other Solvency II tasks. Participants should have a basic understanding of economic valuation, economic capital, and the Solvency II framework. Seats are very limited to allow for active exchange amongst participants.
When and where?
The actuteam Championship takes place from 6-10 September 2021, 9:00-13:00 CEST each day. Prior to the event, the participants will have access to all pre-readings and other relevant preparation materials for the Insurance Management Simulation. On 30 and 31 August 2021, 9:00-9:45 CEST, there will be a technical onboarding. As an attendee, it is mandatory that you join one of these two test sessions. The challenge will be held completely online supported by professional trainers using an online simulation platform and with the conferencing systems Adobe Connect and Zoom for interaction.
Do you want to take this challenge and compete for the EAA team? Do you like to work in international teams, and learn how to succeed in Europe's insurance markets by understanding the impacts of risk and capital management under Solvency II? Then do not hesitate and benefit from our attractive early-bird registration fee of € 1,290.00 plus 19% VAT. Just register online until 26 July 2021. After this date the fee will be € 1,490.00 plus 19% VAT.
Please visit our website or see this print version for more detailed information like the full programme and use the online booking form to save your place soon. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
You are interested in a more traditional way of learning? An overview on other upcoming events can be downloaded or found online as well.